Saturday, August 8, 2009

About Film and Therapy

Warm Greetings!

Welcome to Film and Therapy. This blog is devoted to critical thinking about film. Probably like you, I have always been drawn to great films and the feelings derived from watching great films. Whether feeling outraged at a films idea, or hypnotized by a films ability to make me emotionally engaged, I love it all.

I am also a therapist. I work with people every day from a variety of cultural heritages and belief systems in southern California. I have experience working with children diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, college students through a private University, and low income families in downtown Los Angeles.

Therefore, integrating my love for - and belief in - film's emotional resonance with its practical application to affect personal growth is deeply exciting to me. I have included film reviews and editorial comments. Additionally, I have included some questions you can ask yourself about a particular film that may cause you to think differently about yourself or others around you.

All of my initial posts appear originally on my facebook page, and thus dates are included of their original posting. Should you decide to link anything to this blog, please give credit where it is due. I welcome and appreciate your comments, and of course thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment